B2B Sales Associate
Why we’re here
You may not have ever imagined a career in anti-money laundering (AML) or have heard about us at Salv. Here’s why you should consider joining our mission:
- The Opportunity: We’re in a huge market that’s also growing fast - financial institutions (FI’s) in Europe alone spend €86bn, and this is doubling every five years. 12 of the top-50 global banks were fined in 2019 for AML breaches. There’s a massive need for the modern technology we’re developing.
- The Timing & Team: We have a foundation of customers, but you can help drive sales. We’re a capable and friendly team; many of us helped TransferWise and Skype to scale quickly.
- The Impact: Millions of people are trafficked and a quarter of a million people are killed every year. When you boil it down, it’s all because of money. But we know that if the money stops flowing, so do the crimes. That’s what we’re trying to tackle.
What you’ll do
You’ll be the among the first people in our sales team, taking us from 25 to 200 customers and then beyond. You’ll be responsible for converting new prospects into successful contracted relationships, and handing them over safely to our Customer Success team.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for incoming requests. You’ll make our value proposition clear and encourage prospects’ interest.
- You’ll handle discovery/qualification, and lead customers through non-technical demos. Our Customer Success team (as well as Product/Engineering) will happily assist with the nitty gritty details.
- You’ll own contract and pricing negotiations with customers and see that each prospect moves swiftly through the sales process.
- You’ll boost our team capabilities. You’ll help our Product team discover what customers truly need. You’ll help Marketing to determine what will resonate. And help our Customer Success ensure an incredible experience.
Who you are
- A fast learner. We presume you won’t have any experience with anti-money laundering technology, products, operations or compliance. That’s fine - as long as you can demonstrate that you can learn the complexities quickly.
- Empathetic with excellent communication skills. It’s no simple task to understand the precise problems and root causes that our prospects face. Great communication and listening are essential as you’ll spend your time talking to lots of people inside and outside Salv.
- Patient and persistent. Selling AML tools is not an easy task, it might take 6-12 months to close a deal (or more). There will be many companies slowly progressing along and you’ll need good time management to handle it all.
- Cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense. You’ve worked in organisations with a fast-evolving product, along with teams whose product you were selling.
- Comfortable with routine. Running the same trust building and onboarding process over and over again shouldn’t become tedious to you. Rather, you enjoy this.
- Based in Estonia, full-time - All of your colleagues are based in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia. We’re, of course, all semi-remote right now.
Who you aren’t
- Not a pushy/slick salesperson. This is a big, complex decision for our clients. They rely on us to protect them on every single payment. A consultative, inquisitive, intelligent, problem-focused approach to sales is our goal.
- You’re not stuck in your previous practices. Methods and processes that have worked in your previous roles might not be suitable for our sector and product. You’ll need to be creative and adaptable.
Why consider it
- You want to have an impact in a true start-up. Help us set the right foundations and grow from there. You’ve heard about 10x and 100x growth that technology companies have achieved, and wondered “how’s that even possible?!” Well, now’s your chance to not only see it, but drive it.
- You’re not scared of learning AML. AML isn’t for amateurs. There are often many conflicting interests, with tons of technical and regulatory requirements.
- You want to do well financially. We’ll offer an attractive compensation package consisting of a base salary and options. We’ll introduce a commission structure once we have established predictable sales processes (likely 6-12 months from now).
- You want every sale to make the world better. Every sale you make will protect another financial institution (and its customers) from financial crime.
What do we offer?
Beat financial crime.
You’ll be a part of — hopefully — making the world a better place for everyone.
Besides a competitive salary, every member of our team will get options. Of course, there are never any guarantees that we’ll succeed. But if we do — and that’s how we’re betting — they could be worth a lot.
Freedom, interesting challenges & learning opportunities
As in every small growing company, there are many hats that need wearing in the beginning, but as we grow, you'll have opportunities to focus on your favorite career tracks, including leadership. You’ll have freedom, but you’ll also have the responsibility that comes with it. You will make – and own – a lot of decisions. You need to figure out the best solutions for our customers. Get ready for a lot of challenges that need tackling.
Our team is full of mission-driven, kind-hearted people who love learning and big challenges. Some who have proven they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, and more.
Although almost all of our team is currently located in Tallinn or Tartu, we often work from other places. Which is part of why you can choose when and where you work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
At Salv, you won’t find corporate BS. You won’t find bosses who dictate what to do. And we hope you won’t find boring roles with inflated titles. Salv is just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Head of People & Operations, Kairi Pauskar at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions