Compliance Specialist / Client manager
What your day will look like
Spend time with existing customers
If you love talking to people and are passionate about compliance, then this should be right up your alley.
- You’ll be the first point of contact and the liaison between existing customers and Salv
- You’ll be helping our customers improve their compliance set up. That means monitoring their performance, suggesting options to decrease false positive alerts, letting them know what’s required to be compliant with regulations, and much more.
Be the voice of the customer to improve our product
You are the heart and soul of Salv, as you spend a lot of time with our customers. And that’s why your role is vital.
- You’ll be working to understand each customer’s ongoing product needs. As part of that, you’ll be the point of contact for their requests, and help evaluate these in light of their product, good AML practices, and our product roadmap. You’ll need to be able to suggest alternatives, and also know when something is a must-have. You’ll also need to be able to translate the customers’ wishes to Salv’s engineering and product teams.
- As you’re the point of contact between Salv and the customer, you’ll be best positioned to be the advocate for all of our customers’ needs. This is why you’ll be working with Salv’s product and engineering teams to improve our overall product.
Assist with sales processes
Although your work in sales should be limited, you will need to help out every once in a while, assisting with demos and meetings with potential customers.
Lead the integration process
Leading an integration process isn’t for the faint of heart. That’s where loving people, challenges, and details really comes in handy.
- Project management. You’ll create the customer’s integration roadmap and make sure relevant parties meet necessary deadlines. You’ll need to be able to differentiate between hard-blockers and nice-to-haves, and communicate these to different teams.
- Lead the customer through basic data and product questions, so they would be able to perform the desired screening and transaction monitoring.
- Consult on regulatory requirements and best practices when it comes to transaction monitoring, assessing customer risk and sanctions & PEP screening.
What skills will make you successful
This is a full-time role, so first and foremost, you’d need to be able to work full-time. But, beyond that, this is what we were thinking:
- You can easily work on your own
- You have strong communication skills
- You can make decisions
- You’re self-motivated and love a good challenge
- You have strong analytical and prioritization skills
- You’re flexible, adaptable, and definitely willing to learn
- You’re constantly pushing yourself to improve
- You love problem solving
- You keep your cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense
- You have worked in AML/compliance field for 2+ years
- You have experience in running large projects
- You’re fluent in written and spoken English
Nice to have
- You are fluent in any additional languages (in addition to English and Estonian ;) )
- You have experience in working with engineering/product teams or in client management
- Also, if you happen to already know SQL and/or JMESPATH, that’s a bonus.
The hiring process
As a first step we’d like to get a better understanding of you and your knowledge in AML. So please start by filling in the application form and answering a few questions. Hint, we love a good cover letter — we’ll check a few things:
- We’ll check if you’re a culture fit for Salv — it’s no use for you or us if the company culture will make you miserable.
- We’ll check for the people-y and technical-y skills we listed above.
What do we offer?
Beat financial crime.
You’ll be a part of — hopefully — making the world a better place for everyone.
Our team is full of mission-driven, kind-hearted people who love learning and big challenges. Some who have proven they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, and more.
You’ll have freedom, but you’ll also have the responsibility that comes with it. You will make — and own — a lot of decisions. You can figure out how to solve customer problems and prioritise in a way that maximises impact.
Although almost all of our team is currently located in Tallinn or Tartu, we often work from other places. Which is part of why you can choose when and where you work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
Interesting challenges and learning opportunities
Get ready for a lot of challenges that need tackling. Some of them you’ll have never done before and completely suck at — and that’s okay! Because you’ll learn and grow as a person and a professional. A lot.
Every member of our team will get options. Of course there are never any guarantees that we’ll succeed. But if we do — and that’s how we’re betting — they could be worth a lot.
At Salv, you won’t find corporate BS. You won’t find bosses who dictate what to do. And we hope you won’t find boring roles with inflated titles. Salv is just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Oh. And we also pay. ;-)
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Head of People & Operations, Kairi Pauskar at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions