What your day will look like
Our aim is that around 80% of your time will be on AML-related work like leading customer integrations, helping existing customers improve their setup, and working with our engineering and product team to improve our platform.
Spend time with existing customers
If you love talking to people and are passionate about compliance both, then this is right up your alley.
- You’ll be the first point of contact and the liaison between existing customers and the rest of Salv
- You’ll be helping them improve their compliance set up. That’ll mean monitoring their performance, suggesting options to decrease false positive alerts, letting them know what’s required to be compliant with regulations, and so much more.
Be the voice of the customer to improve our product
You are the heart and soul of Salv, because you spend so much time with our customers. And that’s why your role is vital.
- You’ll work to understand each customer’s ongoing product needs. As a part of that, you’ll listen to their desires and help evaluate them in light of their product, good AML practices, and our product roadmap. You’ll need to suggest alternatives, at times, and also know when something is a must-have. And in those cases, translate these desires to Salv’s engineering and product teams.
- Because you have so much contact with the customer, you’ll be positioned to be a great advocate for all of our customers’ needs. Which is why you’ll work with Salv’s product and engineering team to improve our product overall.
Assist with sales processes
Although your work with sales should likely decline as Salv grows larger, you might need to help a bit more at the beginning of your time at Salv. Here are some of those tasks you might need to be involved in:
- introductory calls, demos, and ongoing meetings with potential customers
- answering ongoing product questions
- driving price negotiations
- being the main contact for contract negotiations — drafting contracts (although you won’t have to do this from scratch), negotiating regarding different clauses, etc. It won’t all be on you, but you’ll need to help.
- conducting background searches (KYC) on new customers
Lead the integration process
Leading an integration process isn’t for the faint of heart. That’s where loving people, challenges, and those details really come in handy.
- General project management. You’ll create the customer’s integration roadmap and make sure relevant parties meet necessary deadlines.
- Provide consultation on rules/scenarios. You’ll be helping customers who need it with their customer risk rules, transaction monitoring scenarios, sanctions lists, and general risk management. For example, you might need to recommend the risk rules/scenarios they should have (e.g. what the different rules for business and consumer customers should be), what rules should be online, what rules can be offline, and what data they’d need to collect and send to us so we could write the rules/scenarios.
- Provide consultation on regulatory requirements. For example, you might need to inform the customer which countries should be blacklisted to meet sanctions requirements, but also what countries they may want to blacklist due to high risk. That also might mean helping them define risk rules/scenarios they definitely must have to meet regulatory requirements (e.g. PEP monitoring, high value payments, etc.) and which sanctions lists they should be screening to be compliant.
What skills will make you successful
This is a full-time role, so first and foremost, you’d need to be able to work fulltime. But, beyond that, this is what we were thinking:
- You can easily work on your own
- You’re a great communicator
- You can make decisions
- You’re self-motivated and love a good challenge
- You have strong analytical and prioritization skills
- You’re flexible, adaptable, and definitely willing to learn
- You’re constantly pushing yourself to improve
- You love problem solving
- You have a strong AML/compliance knowledge
- You’re fluent in written and spoken English
- Also, if you happen to already know SQL and/or JMESPATH, that’s a bonus. ;)
The hiring process
As a first step we’d like to get a better understanding of you and your knowledge in AML are. So please start by filling in the application here and answering a few questions. Hint, we love a good cover letter — we’ll check a few things:
- We’ll see if you’re a culture fit at Salv — because there’s no use for you or us if the company culture might make you miserable.
- We’ll check for the people-y and technical-y skills we listed above.
What do we offer?
Our team consists of mission-driven, kind people who’ve proven that they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, Veriff etc.
And the responsibility that comes with it. You can make and own a lot of decisions. You can figure out how to solve customer problems and prioritise in the way that maximises impact.
You can choose when & where your work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
Possibility to make the world a better place for everyone.
Interesting challenges and learning opportunities
There’s going to be a diversity of engineering challenges. Some of them you’ll have never done before and completely suck at. But you’ll learn.
Every member of our team will get options. No guarantees but if we’ll succeed, they could be worth a lot.
No corporate BS, no bosses who say what to do, no boring job descriptions with inflated titles. Just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Oh. And we also pay. ;-)
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Head of People & Operations, Kairi Pauskar at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions