What help do we want?
You’ll help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering products. But it’s not just about building tech. You’re putting together the very technology that will catch the financial criminals that run rampant in today’s financial systems.
The kind of engineers that will thrive at Salv:
- Move fast. To build, MVP, and test product-market fit.
- Build flexibility. To make customer decisions and onboarding lightning fast.
- Prioritise both high-performing and reliable. AML systems are critical for financial institutions. We can’t fail them.
- Have both tech & product skills. Passionate about technology, product, and user experience.
- Are great communicators. Strong soft skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
A sneak peek into our tech stack:
- Spring Boot 2 and Kotlin + Java 12+
- React with Typescript, Jest & React testing library
- PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
In a magical world, a bunch of these things would be true of you:
- An understanding of common programming paradigms and fundamental React principles, such as React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, Redux etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation (experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software).
- Experience with user interface design.
- An understanding of test-driven development (TDD) and desire to write tests.
- An understanding of regulatory compliance and experience with anti-money laundering (AML).
What does success look like after 6 months?
You’ve built an end-to-end feature and own it throughout continuous improvement cycles. You’ve implemented features related to anti-money laundering products like screening, sanctions checks & many others.
What do we offer?
Beat financial crime.
You’ll be a part of — hopefully — making the world a better place for everyone.
Besides a competitive salary, every member of our team will get options. Of course, there are never any guarantees that we’ll succeed. But if we do — and that’s how we’re betting — they could be worth a lot.
Freedom, interesting challenges & learning opportunities
As in every small growing company, there are many hats that need wearing in the beginning, but as we grow, you'll have opportunities to focus on your favorite career tracks, including leadership. You’ll have freedom, but you’ll also have the responsibility that comes with it. You will make – and own – a lot of decisions. You need to figure out the best solutions for our customers. Get ready for a lot of challenges that need tackling.
Our team is full of mission-driven, kind-hearted people who love learning and big challenges. Some who have proven they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, and more.
Although almost all of our team is currently located in Tallinn or Tartu, we often work from other places. Which is part of why you can choose when and where you work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
At Salv, you won’t find corporate BS. You won’t find bosses who dictate what to do. And we hope you won’t find boring roles with inflated titles. Salv is just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Human Resources Manager, Mari-Ann Ploompuu at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions