Full Stack Product Engineer
What help do we want?
You’ll help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering products. But it’s not just about building tech. You’re putting together the very technology that will catch the financial criminals that run rampant in today’s financial systems.
The kind of engineers that will thrive at Salv:
- Move fast. To build, MVP, and test product-market fit.
- Build in flexibility. To make customer decisions and onboarding lightning fast.
- Prioritise both high-performing and reliable. AML systems are critical for financial institutions. We can’t fail them.
- Have both tech & product skills. Passionate about technology, product, and user experience.
- Are great communicators. Strong soft skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
A sneak peek into our tech stack:
- Spring Boot 2 and Kotlin + Java 12+
- React with Jest & React testing library/Enzyme
- PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
In a magical world, a bunch of these things would be true of you:
- Know containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc;
- Have experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings
- Understand test-driven development (TDD) and want to write tests
- Have experience in distributed and concurrent systems, knowing the trade-offs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Understand horizontal scaling and experience with relevant technologies
- Understand regulatory compliance and experience with Anti Money Laundering
- Have experience with scaling PostgreSQL and/or ElasticSearch
What does success look like after 6 months?
You’ve built an end-to-end feature and own it throughout continuous improvement cycles.
You’ve implemented features related to anti-money laundering product like screening, sanctions checks & many others.
What do we offer?
Our team consists of mission-driven, kind people who’ve proven that they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, Veriff etc.
And the responsibility that comes with it. You can make and own a lot of decisions. You can figure out how to solve customer problems and prioritise in the way that maximises impact.
You can choose when & where your work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
Possibility to make the world a better place for everyone.
Interesting challenges and learning opportunities
There’s going to be a diversity of engineering challenges. Some of them you’ll have never done before and completely suck at. But you’ll learn.
Every member of our team will get options. No guarantees but if we’ll succeed, they could be worth a lot.
No corporate BS, no bosses who say what to do, no boring job descriptions with inflated titles. Just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Oh. And we also pay. ;-)
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Head of People & Operations, Kairi Pauskar at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions