Junior Web Developer
You will work closely with the marketing team, and get support from the design team.
We are open to different kinds of working arrangements. You can start part-time, full-time, or work with us on a freelance basis, depending on your availability. However, in the long term, we need a full-time web developer on our team.
What help do we need?
You’ll help us further develop our website, and turn it into a proper lead generation machine. The Marketing and Design teams have worked out a new web design and layout, and we need your help to implement it properly. You’ll have a chance to put your web building skills into action and help us create a better converting website, so we can recruit more leads and move further along in our mission to beat financial crime.
What kind of tech skills will help you:
- Experience developing web sites from scratch
- Experience with user interface design is a bonus
- Experience working with static site generators and content management systems (knowing Jekyll would be a great bonus)
- Understanding of SEO optimisation
What else will help you thrive:
- You are a really fast learner - we don’t expect you to know everything, but if you are a curious person, we expect you to figure out what is needed and continue to learn the best practices needed to develop great websites.
- You are a great collaborator - it’s not only about building great websites, but helping to understand what is needed from the sales, marketing and design teams, and putting it all together. This requires a great amount of collaboration and communication across different people and teams.
- You are flexible and like change - we are still a small startup with big ambitions, constantly changing plans and priorities. You’ll need to adapt and adjust to new situations rather quickly.
- You are a good self-lead - we are a small team that mostly works remotely, so to succeed it helps if you are great at prioritising and managing your work and able to communicate what help and support you need.
- Based in Estonia: Your colleagues are based in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia. All of the work can be done remotely, but you’ll need to be able to come and meet us in our office sometimes.
What does success look like after 6 months?
You have successfully helped us to implement our new website designs and worked out a good process on how we manage and further develop our web.
What do we offer?
Beat financial crime.
You’ll be a part of — hopefully — making the world a better place for everyone.
Besides a competitive salary, every member of our team will get options. Of course, there are never any guarantees that we’ll succeed. But if we do — and that’s how we’re betting — they could be worth a lot.
Freedom, interesting challenges & learning opportunities
As in every small growing company, there are many hats that need wearing in the beginning, but as we grow, you'll have opportunities to focus on your favorite career tracks, including leadership. You’ll have freedom, but you’ll also have the responsibility that comes with it. You will make – and own – a lot of decisions. You need to figure out the best solutions for our customers. Get ready for a lot of challenges that need tackling.
Our team is full of mission-driven, kind-hearted people who love learning and big challenges. Some who have proven they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, and more.
Although almost all of our team is currently located in Tallinn or Tartu, we often work from other places. Which is part of why you can choose when and where you work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
At Salv, you won’t find corporate BS. You won’t find bosses who dictate what to do. And we hope you won’t find boring roles with inflated titles. Salv is just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our Head of People & Operations, Kairi Pauskar at [email protected]
Looking for something else?
We’re constantly looking for enthusiastic and mission-driven people to join our ranks. If you think this position isn't 100% for you, take a look at what else we’ve got to offer.See available positions