Come join us.
Our mission is to make the world a better place by reducing financial crime. Be part of an early stage startup to skip the corporate BS and slow pace of huge orgs. Feel peace of mind knowing that Salv already has a rock solid founding team who has scaled with early stage startups like TransferWise and Skype before.
Full-stack Product Engineer
What help we need?
You’ll help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering products. But it’s not just about building tech. You’re putting together the very technology that will catch the financial criminals that run rampant in today’s financial systems.
The kind of engineers that will thrive at Salv:
- Move fast. To build, MVP, and test product-market fit.
- Build in flexibility. To make customer decisions and onboarding lightning fast.
- Prioritise both high-performing and reliable. AML systems are critical for financial institutions. We can’t fail them.
- Have both tech & product skills. Passionate about technology, product, and user experience.
- Are great communicators. Strong soft skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
A sneak peek into our tech stack:
- Java 12 and Spring Boot 2
- React with Jest & Enzyme
- PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
In a magical world, a bunch of these things would be true of you:
- Know containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc;
- Have experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings
- Understand test-driven development (TDD) and want to write tests
- Have experience in distributed and concurrent systems, knowing the trade-offs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Understand horizontal scaling and experience with relevant technologies
- Understand regulatory compliance and experience with Anti Money Laundering
What does success look like after 6 months?
You’ve built an end-to-end feature and own it throughout continuous improvement cycles.
You’ve implemented features related to anti-money laundering product like screening, sanctions checks & many others.
What do we offer?
Our team consists of mission-driven, kind people who’ve proven that they can make awesome things happen in organizations like TransferWise, Skype, Pipedrive, Veriff etc.
And the responsibility that comes with it. You can make and own a lot of decisions. You can figure out how to solve customer problems and prioritise in the way that maximises impact.
You can choose when & where your work, as long as you have an impact on customers and are aligned with the team.
Possibility to make the world a better place for everyone.
Interesting challenges and learning opportunities
There’s going to be a diversity of engineering challenges. Some of them you’ll have never done before and completely suck at. But you’ll learn.
Every member of our team will get options. No guarantees but if we’ll succeed, they could be worth a lot.
No corporate BS, no bosses who say what to do, no boring job descriptions with inflated titles. Just a place where you can make the right things happen.
Oh. And we also pay. ;-)
Want to be part of our team?
If you’re ready to jump into our mission, take on a ton of responsibility, figure out what’s really important, and then build something from MVP to production-ready, then let us know by writing to our CTO, Sergei Rumjantsev at [email protected]
Today, only 1-2% of global money laundering is detected. As a result, millions of people around the world are cheated out of good lives. It’s time to change that. At Salv, we believe that smartly-built tech and better knowledge can finally help the good guys get ahead.
We’re definitely a startup. But our founding team has been innovating in the compliance and anti-money laundering sectors of startups like Skype, Microsoft, and TransferWise for 10+ years. We believe we have what it takes to completely revolutionize the financial compliance sector. Without working an ungodly amount of hours.